Saturday, January 8, 2011

Carolina Diner

I had nachos for breakfast today! They were delicious, after I got over the look the waitress gave me for ordering nachos for breakfast and then taking a picture of them. For $4.99 I got a plastic skillet full of (round!) chips, chili, melty cheddar cheese, diced tomato, pico de gallo, and a double dose of sour cream on the side. The chili was definitely more greasy than the chili at Pour House, I don't even know what I was complaining about that time. This chili was a liiiittle overly greasy for me, as it soaked several of the chips at the bottom through with grease. In contrast to that, the pico was very refreshing and added so much to the nachos! I can't believe I had never had nachos with pico de gallo on them before today, it complements them so nicely. This was a smaller thing of nachos than the other two, but has a lower price tag to match. As an added bonus, you can get these nachos at any time, day or night! I give them 90 out of 100 globs of melted cheese.


Also: I love how this food quest has brought nachos into so many of my conversations! It turns out that many of my friends have a serious love of nachos, as well as some definite opinions on the matter. Just yesterday I had my roommate invite me out to get some nachos and my neighbors invite me in for some nachos they made. After my waitress this morning saw my nachos, she told me she was totally having nachos for dinner! I'm so glad I'm not the only obsessed one out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment