Monday, January 10, 2011

T.G.I. Friday's

The other day I was going to go to Smokey Bones with my roommate and try their (allegedly) delicious nachos but was met with a 30-45 minute wait, thought about trying LongHorn's nachos but apparently they don't have any (crazy!) so we ended up near by at T.G.I. Friday's. Their nachos are made with tostados, although I didn't actually know what tostados were until the nachos showed up at the table!


These 8 giant nacho semi-circles are covered in refried beans, ground beef, lots of cheese, and a single jalapeƱo slice each. In the middle is a condiment sampler of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole on top of a bed of lettuce. These were the first nachos I've blogged about that came with guacamole, but they lacked the diced tomatoes that I enjoyed on all the other nachos. It was fun assembling each nacho by putting bits of the salsa/sour cream/guacamole on each bite, but I still like the messy cheesy mountain of traditional nachos better. Also, because the cheese and meat cover every inch of each chip, there wasn't much of the nice crispiness like the outside chips on regular nachos. At $9.39, these were my most expensive nachos so far. I give them 75 out of 100 black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment