Tuesday, January 18, 2011

East Coast Wings

I went to East Coast Wings the other day, which is already one of my favorite face-stuffing stops because of their delicious wings. Bone-in, extra hot, kentucky bourbon is my favorite combination: you gotta try them. For the first time, I got something other than wings from this restaurant! Were the nachos worth not getting wings?? (Dun dun DUN...)


Well I didn't really have to choose because my boyfriend got wings and I ate a couple of his. But the nachos were pretty good! For $8.99 I got a very good size plate full of fresh chips, ground beef, nacho cheese, green leaf lettuce, plenty of jalapeƱos, sliced black olives, pepperoncini, and diced tomatoes.

I was very impressed with the lettuce, which for the first time was not iceberg! I'm a big fan of lettuce so that was kind of a big deal to me. The pepperoncini were also a nice touch which I hadn't seen before on nachos. The ground beef was a little bland - I would have preferred chili. Also the menu said that the nachos would have melted sharp cheddar cheese, and so when these came out with nacho cheese I was a tad disappointed. I like nacho cheese, but I was expecting sharp cheddar. These were very good nachos, but they didn't out-shine East Coast's delicious wings. I give them 91.5 out of 100 green leaves of lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment